Nike Training Club

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
The Nike Training Club app is pretty awesome. The recent update adds Watch support, which is nice. Hopefully standalone support will come soon.

After a workout yesterday I noticed it had logged two entries in the Activity app. One had zero calories and was basically a shell, the other had all the accurate data. One had a standard app shape symbol (rounded square), the other had a circular app icon symbol.

Are you getting duplicate entries as well?

Also any other discussion on this app is welcome. BTW, the NRC app has also come a long way and I've found it to be pretty slick and reliable now. I flip back and forth between NRC and the Workout app.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
In general, the rounded square icon indicates that the workout was populated from the iPhone. A circular icon indicates that it came from the watch.

If you're showing both, it's probably because the watch app and the iPhone app aren't talking to each other properly and they're both sending the workout information over.

Perhaps you started the workout on the AW but stopped it on the iPhone? Maybe Nike doesn't have their crap together and have borked another app release.

EDIT - I seem to remember this happening back when I used to use the NRC apps. I forget the reasoning I would get two workouts show up, but I would delete one of the workouts every time. Kinda annoying, but not a big deal.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
In general, the rounded square icon indicates that the workout was populated from the iPhone. A circular icon indicates that it came from the watch.

If you're showing both, it's probably because the watch app and the iPhone app aren't talking to each other properly and they're both sending the workout information over.

Perhaps you started the workout on the AW but stopped it on the iPhone? Maybe Nike doesn't have their crap together and have borked another app release.

EDIT - I seem to remember this happening back when I used to use the NRC apps. I forget the reasoning I would get two workouts show up, but I would delete one of the workouts every time. Kinda annoying, but not a big deal.

Hmm...yeah, I'm guessing their app just has some kind of error. I'll delete the non-watch app icon version - that's the one with basically no info in it anyone. Hopefully the next update cleans it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.