Nike+ viewer app I've been developing - Is this of use to anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by REBELinBLUE, May 15, 2011.

1. REBELinBLUE, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

I use Nike+ a lot, I had previously used it on the iPhone but now use an iPod nano. But I like being able to view the data on my iPhone. I really don't like the mobile web site as it isn't very detailed so I decided to put together an app myself

Here is a demo of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtSwxvrurI

As you can see it still needs quite a bit of work, but the fundamentals are there. (Changed a fair bit since that video, some internal improvements to do with caching and it now does things like change the interface colour to match your Nike+ level, although that can be disabled in settings)

Is this app of interest to anyone else? I just wrote this originally for me but would consider releasing it if there is any interest (the 2 main "problems" at the moment is that it is hard coded to use KM and it uses PHP scripts on my web server to actually query Nike+ so I'd ideally need to put that behind an SSL connection so that the iPhone can transmit the Nike+ login details to the server securely. Also, the routes are only those created with MapIt as I've never used the GPS app so I've no idea what the data looks like currently so that would need work as well). Of course there are potential licensing issues as well, not sure Nike would really allow this, although I guess since they allow sites like Slowgeek etc I see no reason why not (but then Apple may reject it for being of "limited utility").

2. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

That looks amazing!! I would totally use something like that.

3. joeulmanok macrumors newbie

joeulmanok

It looks very interesting
    But is there any practical function?
    I think entertainment is a good choice