Nike Watch Band recalled by Apple From Delivery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dysert, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dysert macrumors regular

Placed an order for one of the new Nike Watch bands on 9/12. Original order stated delivery 2-3 weeks. Got a shipping notice and delivery notification from Apple and FedEx that the band would arrive 9/15. Watch band was in Dallas where I live. Got an update from FedEx said it would deliver on 9/19 and it was delivered but back to Apple in Tennessee. Apparently my band slipped through the embargo computer and was not suppose to ship ahead of the release date of the Nike Watch which is not 9/22 but a date in October? I guess I missed the notification that the Nike watches would not be available on 9/22. Did I miss that? Obviously my concern now is my ordered has been cancelled by Apple and wondering when it will actually ship? I know they are available just wonder now where I will land in line. Talked to a Supervisor who provided the insight but until it ships, the answer remains a question. Anyone else have this experience or did you actually receive the new Nike band?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Strange that they would have canceled your order. I always receive new bands ahead of time before the Apple Watch actually shipped. Either way, Apple will reship it to you.

3. mizzourah macrumors regular

Agree with above. We bought a new Nike strap at launch along with the new watches for it and received the band already. No issue it with it coming before the watch was released.

4. redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

I just had the same thing happen. My band should have delivered on Thursday. It was delayed. Then today it is marked as being returned to shipper at shipper's request. I'm on phone with Apple Support now... FYI, it was the White Nike sport band with black fill.

5. csurfr macrumors 68020

Strange that it would be returned to Apple. I just picked up the new olive woven nylon at the store here without issue. They have all of the new bands available here.

6. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

I was told that the Nike bands are the ones embargoed like the ship date for the Nike version of the watches. Clearly the new Apple bands are avilable already.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2017 ---
    So are you saying you have in the past been able to get the Nike brand strap ahead of the watch or you have already received one of the new release Nike bands this week. Thanks.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nike bands weren't available for separate purchase until quite a while after launch last year.

8. redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

Customer service at Apple told me it was delayed and I'll get it tomorrow, though I tried to explain it clearly states it's being returned to Apple by Apple's request. We will see what happens tomorrow.

9. mizzourah macrumors regular

I am saying that I received one of the new release Nike brands this week. Thanks

10. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

I would love to see a picture so I could send it to the Apple supervisor that says all the bands have been embargoed.

11. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I placed an order for the Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport band last week and was given a delivery date 4th-11th October. Hasn't moved as yet and i cant see it being shipped ahead of time

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

He'd just say "whoops, looks like we missed one. No soup for you!" :D

13. redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

As I expected a return has been initiated in their system. I have a feeling I'm not getting this band for awhile, if at all.

14. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Well you might get your Nike band on October 5th when the Nike watch(s) drop.

Dave

15. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

Same thing happened to me that happened to OP. It should not have shipped till oct 5. Mine was returned. I was refunded. New one will ship by 5th. To the poster that received theirs - enjoy. You are one of the few.

16. mizzourah macrumors regular

Here's the band we got on Saturday - after ordering on Friday morning with our watch.

Attached Files:

17. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

That isn't a new release band, though.

18. mizzourah macrumors regular

Ok. I didn’t keep track of new vs old bands. Just indicated that I ordered and received a Nike band when we preordered Friday.

19. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for posting. As was indicated, that Nike Band is not one of their new ones.

20. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Is OP talking about a “Sport Loop” band? If so that’s not Nike, but by Apple. But those are being delivered this week, depending on stock of course. I received one this week, others are slated for beginning of October.

21. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

No, it’s the new white Nike Sport Band.

22. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Apple screwed me over pretty hard. They allowed the Nike Pure Platinum Band to ship. Then instituted a return process on their end. Then they charged me for a 2nd Nike Pure Platinum band. So I was charged twice. The first band was delivered somewhere in Pennsylvania and I live in New York. Called Apple over the weekend and they refused to remove the 2nd charge from my Credit Card until they get the Nike band back from PA. Customer Service was unable to help. So I had to open a dispute with my Credit Card provider to get the 2nd charge removed. I will probably call Apple again tomorrow as it will be 4 days since the band was successfully delivered and it still shows on my account. Very very displeased with Apple Support at this time!

23. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Escalate as far as you can on the phone and if the solution is still unsatisfactory, send a brief summary to Tim Cook's email address so that someone in executive relations can see it, because this is just unacceptable.

24. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I'm planning on doing exactly this. I might just send the email to Tim Cook and skip the phone call.

25. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

Mine was the Nike Pure Platinum band as well. I escalated the chat session to a supervisor level. I got a call from a nice supervisor based in Austin. He is the one that informed that a less than 100 orders made past the embargo computer and shipped. All to be returned. Still not sure when my strap will reship.