Nike watch question...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by allthingsapple!, Sep 29, 2017.

1. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

Does the Nike watch do anything different than the aluminum apple watch? I know there are a few Nike clock faces that are obviously exclusive to the Nike edition but other than that, are there any differences? I mean they're the same price so I'm thinking why not just get the Nike just to have the extra watch faces.

2. almostinsane macrumors regular

Nope. You can buy the same bands and the app and watch faces are available to download.

3. chalmers4three macrumors member

not true.....watch faces are exclusive and at least 1 band (black and red nylon sport) is only available with nike+ watch.....as of now ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    i was gonna get the nike (same logic as you) until i found out that the nike complication on the watch face cannot be changed. I don't use NRC so it would just sit there taking up valuable real-estate on my watch face. decided to just get the standard s3 since it was available now.

4. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

I know you can buy some of the bands but I don't think the watch faces are available to download. Correct me if I am wrong.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    Oh...I didn't know that. Good point. I probably would never use the face then because I don't use NRC either.

5. almostinsane macrumors regular

I thoiugh the watch faces were available to all. they are nothing special.

6. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

No.. Nike faces are only on Nike watches, Hermes faces are only on the Hermes watches. I think that because of this, Apple won't allow a watch face marketplace for at least a couple years.

7. tonoboon macrumors regular

tonoboon

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

No physical differences except the Nike+ bands and the writing on the back says Nike. Only other difference is software (faces and Nike+ complication).

If you're interested in the Nike part it's a no brainer to buy the nike watch since it's the same price as the non-nike.

Where? Link please. Your post is contrary to all other info out there. Can't just say that without putting up the links.

9. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I was going to get the Nike+ Watch first as it was the same price. Then decided to get the regular series 3.

I don’t use NRC and if you always have the NRC logo on the home screen, like others have mentioned, it would be pretty pointless.

10. will0407 macrumors 6502a

Nike logo is only on the home screen if you're using a nike watchface. I use the modular watch face and there's no nike logo on there.

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Is the bolded true?

12. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Of course not. You have some limitations if you choose the Nike watch faces but you can just choose the normal ones from all the other watches it you like.

If I didn’t want steel for my watches I would definitely choose Nike. You get more watch faces and same look so pretty much a win/win if you like the bands

13. co1f macrumors regular

I would’ve gotten the AW3 Nike version, but I didn’t want to wait till their later release date. I got the Space Gray aluminum LTE on 9/22 when the Apple store opened. Nike’s black sport loop is not the same as the regular black sport loop, and not currently sold separately.

14. mk313 macrumors 6502a

You also get Siri integration with the Nike app if you buy the Nike version of the watch. You can say "Lets go for a run" & it will start one in the nike app.