Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
I know the Nike watch comes with a unique band, and I think it has unique faces, but other than that, it's the same as the regular Apple Watch, ya?

And now that they're upgrading the processor in the Series 1, the only difference is water proofing and GPS? I've seen leaked parts that show a thinner display and bigger battery for Series 2 but the keynote didn't mention that at all and I don't see anything on Apple's website about it either.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Last edited:

crawdad62

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2002
Greencastle, IN
Sort of curious about this as well. I assume the Nike+ is like you say a Series 2 with a different band and possible added complications that pertain to Nike but underneath it's just a Series 2 Sport watch?

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Sort of curious about this as well. I assume the Nike+ is like you say a Series 2 with a different band and possible added complications that pertain to Nike but underneath it's just a Series 2 Sport watch?
That's how it seems. I don't want to miss out on features by just getting the regular Series 2 watch. They seem like they're the same, but I don't get why the Nike watch is delayed longer than the regular Series 2... I definitely don't want to miss out on some cool features just because I don't know about them yet.

crawdad62

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2002
Greencastle, IN
My big hope is that since they're promoting the GPS and "now you can leave your iPhone at home" they'll make the Apple Watch easier to do so. I run with mine all the time and getting Podcast or audio books on it is convoluted at best. Not to mention always defaulting the source to the iPhone for audio. Just little nits but still......

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

dmanthony1

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
I am wondering if there will be a way to turn off the running stuff in the settings. I want to cool band, but with the option to disable the Nike stuff. I'm not interested in running (at least not at this point), but I am serious about hiking. I just started using Runtastic to log my hikes, so I would have no interest in the Nike software. Also, would this watch still have all the other watch faces too? I really just want the black and neon strap, but don't care about the software features.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
I am wondering if there will be a way to turn off the running stuff in the settings. I want to cool band, but with the option to disable the Nike stuff. I'm not interested in running (at least not at this point), but I am serious about hiking. I just started using Runtastic to log my hikes, so I would have no interest in the Nike software. Also, would this watch still have all the other watch faces too? I really just want the black and neon strap, but don't care about the software features.

I also enjoy hiking. I am sure you will be able to find the Nike bands on eBay soon. I'm not a big runner, I never used it on the first watch... I used cyclemeter for hiking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.