Nike+ with Inline Skates

Discussion in 'iPod' started by billchase2, Feb 21, 2008.

1. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Does anyone know if Nike+ works with inline skates? I was thinking that I could just get one of those clips for shoe laces and clip it on top of my skates. Obviously it would not really work when you're coasting, but if you keep skating, it should work... shouldn't it?

2. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I highly doubt it would work. You cover a lot more distance with one 'stride' on skates compared to on foot, and the distance can vary wildly depending on things like the gradient of the surface you're on. Not to mention you'll always be rolling, even if you're trying to keep stepping.

3. billchase2 thread starter macrumors 68000

billchase2

True, you do cover more distance per stride... however, don't you calibrate it to your stride before actually using it anyway? From what I understand, you tell it you're going to "jog" a quarter mile and then it figures out how big your stride is. If I were to keep consistent skating strides, shouldn't it work?

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Doesn't it also rely on pressure? That is why it is pretty useless for cycling etc as well.

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

The Nike+ iPod sports kit is made only to be used with walking or running. The sensors can only measure the distance that your feet move.

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

You could just try it couldn't you I don't know how well it would work but it should work a bit.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it measures the acceleration of your foot. So I don't think it would work correctly with skates.