Nikon Capture NX and Leopard...?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hmac, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Hmac macrumors 68020

Nikon notes that the current version of Capture NX (1.3.2) is "not completely compatible with Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) after installing this download. There are still certain issues that need attention before full compatibility is possible. " I'm currently using 1.3.1, which was a Leopard fix for 1.3.0. I have occasional problems with the so-called "sharpening bug".

Do any of you know the nature of this Capture NX 1.3.2 incompatibility with Leopard? Annoying quirks or deal-breakers?

2. drmoondog macrumors newbie

Works fine for me, only gripe is that it is slower than I think it should be. When sharpening using unmask seems to pause for several seconds. NX is still probably best SW for converting NEFs. I am running NX on 2.4 MacBook Pro Notebook w/4 GB Ram and 2.66 quad core MacPro desktop with 16 GB Ram and I see no difference in speed. I have found Aperture 2.0.1 to be a fast reliable workhorse as compared to NX. Therefore I am beginning to use Aperture more and more. I hope this helps. JSR

3. termina3 macrumors 65816

We'll still respect you without the excessively stressed text (at least you're not using all caps).

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

There is a new patch for 1.3.2 that has full 10.5 Leopard support.

I've installed it and everything is dandy except for the unbelievable slowness.

5. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Well when I hit Check for Updates on Capture NX it brings me this below the update...

[​IMG]

When I click details on the second box... this comes up:

WARNING
    Capture NX Ver.1.2.0 and 1.3.0 are not compatible with Mac OS X version 10.5.
    As image files may be corrupted when they are saved, this software should NOT be used under Mac OS X version 10.5. We are currently investigating a means to resolve this issue.

HUmmmm...

6. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Where did you download that patch???

7. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Now I can't update Nikon Capture NX... it hangs.

May this be because I'm using Leopard?

8. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Are you sure... where did you get it?

9. Hmac thread starter macrumors 68020

I downloaded 1.3.2 a couple of weeks ago and I'm running it on my Mac Pro and on my MacBook Pro, both using 10.5.2. It works fine, runs very fast. No issues that I can see.

It's not a patch, it's an updater to 1.3.2 . Look here on NikonUSA's website.

I note that 1.3.3 is available in some other countries. I'm sure it will be available here too, before too long.