Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Enjoy...One of my first shots from my D300 back in the day...ISO 3200 not your mama's camera
319604457_F9JiC-XL.jpg

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
IM sure it does this is straight from the camera though.. :eek:)

Not bad looks pretty similar to my 40D after noise reduction. Still I guess ISO 3200 is nice to have if you really need it.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
One this pic I didnt have the D2x formats but I have them now...D2x 1 is great for skin tones!! I have not heard that it helps with the Noise factor however.
I have seen and experienced that using Capture NX produces less noise than using CS3 and lightroom. The colors are better also...
Im now into the habit of converting all RAW files to a TIFF in Capture and then putting in CS3. This preserves all colors, sharpness and decrease in noise.

Have you installed the D2X profiles yet? I've seen a serious improvement in how clean ISO3200 and HI1 shots look with D2x Profile 2.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
One this pic I didnt have the D2x formats but I have them now...D2x 1 is great for skin tones!! I have not heard that it helps with the Noise factor however.
I have seen and experienced that using Capture NX produces less noise than using CS3 and lightroom. The colors are better also...
Im now into the habit of converting all RAW files to a TIFF in Capture and then putting in CS3. This preserves all colors, sharpness and decrease in noise.

Capture NX is a work of art BUT its slower then a two legged dog. I've heard v2 improves this but I haven't bought it yet because I haven't been shooting Nikon since it was released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.