Nikon D3000 or Canon Rebel? (iPhone Accessory Pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Dec 12, 2010.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

So, If I ever start working on a review site or so I wanna have a good camera to take quality pics. My dad's gonna let me borrow his D90 for right now but deciding about getting my own from the two above. Any opinions.

P.S. Kind of a Nikon fan so if a Canon is better, give some good reasons why.

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Kinda not the right forum to ask on I would have thought.

3. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yeah, kind of, my bad.

4. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

If you have to decide between Nikon D3000 or Canon Rebel, get Canon Rebel.
    But the best choice for your purposes would be Nikon D3100,
    it's much better than D3000, and a bit better than Canon Rebel.

5. iBrody macrumors 6502

When talking DLSR the actual camera shouldn't be a factor, the lens on the other hand...

6. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes, I saw that, it's supposed to be awesome and even ha 1080p HD video so I could have an amazing camera all in one for YouTube and stuff.

Yes, I know that, but there so damn expensive! Haha.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

might try the Dgrin forum instead along with a few other forums. or at least the photography section of this forum. before buying the camera you need to decide what you will use the camera for. I have been a canon guy for several years. canon camera's offer more bang for the buck on the lower end models imo

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Both Nikon and Canon are fantastic cameras. You first need to hold a few to see what you're most comfortable with/holding. Kit lenses are not bad these days so I wouldn't worry about it right now. First see what you can afford and go from there.

9. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

10. nizmoz macrumors 65816

I would recommend looking for a used Canon 30D-50D imho.

Now, if it was me, I would look at Nikon side if the funds were available. Canon's don't do so well in low light vs the newer Nikon models. I had a Canon 30D, then a Nikon D90, then back Canon for a 7D, and hated it's soft pictures, so went to a Nikon D7000 and loving it!

11. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

A few years back I had the Nikon D100 and the Canon EOS 10D at the same time. After a month with each and thousands of pictures taken I sold the Nikon and invested in the Canon system. To me the Canon just had more natural color rendition and the lineup of lenses fit me better. The "L" line of Canon glass is incredible!
    My recommendation, if you are serious about investing in a dslr that will be with you through the years try both. Many reputable camera shops will let you rent a setup for a weekend. Try them both and buy what suits you best.

12. deeesea macrumors 6502

pick up a D90 if you can, nowadays they are on sale for cheap, retailers are gettting rid of their stock for the D7K.

D90 can be had for 699.99 here in Canada, body only though, but sink a few hundred dollars in a f/1.8 35mm from nikon. Great lens, great stuff for any new photographer, and the D90 does do 720 P video, though capped @ 5 minutes, but you'll be uploading clips and editing them together anyhow.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would go to a camera store look and feel them in your hands!

go on some photo forum & read some reviews.

try to decide what lens you need price it out.

for a Canon Macro Canon 105MM can't be beat 2nd choice Tamron 90mm imo

stay away from the grey market cameras those are usally the to good to be true prices, grey markets are a great deal but you need to understand no warranty so you need to make sure the camera is from your region, unless you don't mind the risk.

your making a investment don't rush into it other wise you will regret your purchase.

14. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

why the **** are people asking all these non iPhone related questions recently in the accessories forum

stop being lazy and ask these question/search the appropriate forums

what next furniture advise?

15. rust0r macrumors member

+1, is it really that hard ?

Would you ask your barber for advice on a new car?

16. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

no but he gave me great stock tips! :D

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

while I do agree in part people can have multiple hobbies and interest! I do agree a photo forum would be better. Below are a few of my shots. I have been a photo hobbyist for over 20 years and into Salt water Aquariums as well I shot the pics with a Canon 40D these are a some of my random shots not my best or my worst. I not saying there fantastic but I think I know enough to shoot iphone accessory's. But I do think we should stick to iPhone Accessory's here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I would go with D90 since your dad has one. You can share lenses. Nikon just replaced it with the D7000, so you can easily find one for a cheaper price. Check out B&H Photo or Adorama.com put the camera in the cart to see the price. (like deeesa said). $700 is a good deal for mid grade DSLR. Better than TSi with features you find on D300 and Canon 40D. Yeah the TSi focuses slower in low light.