Nikon D70S W/ MBP

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iguess25, Oct 15, 2008.

1. iguess25 macrumors regular

My mbp wont read my 4gb compact flash sandisk ultra 11 4gb. I put it in a all-in-one card reader and leave it in my slr camera using usb, t still doesn't read whats the problem? I downloaded nikon transfer from nikon. It picks up the camera, but no pictures.. Im shooting in raw and jpg.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Does the D70s Support 4GB cards? I though the D70 only supported cards up to 2GB. If I'm correct on this then the camera is at best writing gibberish that only it can read back.

I assume your camera is set to "mass storage mode". Go into the menus on the camera and configure it to use "Pict Bridge". In this mode the camera does not present the card as a disk drive. Pict Bridge sends the images using a completely different protocol. Image Capture, iPhoto, Aperture and so on are happy to read from Pict Bridge devices.

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I just looked in my old "D70 Users Guide", and it includes some 4GB cards as being "approved for use in the D70" - so that's not a problem.

4. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

chrisa how do you confg to picbrdge? something wrong w/ my camera? i see my images on my camera screen.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Is an option inside the meu system. I never remember and have to hunt butit's not hard to find in there.
    I have a D50 so it's different.

6. csista macrumors member

A 4GB card isn't the issue. I've used 4GB Extreme IV with no problems on my spare D70s.