Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbandreamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Hello, i am in the market for a nikon d80 and i am wondering is e bay a safe way to go, there lens packages seem so cheap, can anyone help me?:confused:

heron88

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I got mine a couple years ago off ebay

And this may seem like a high price now but for the time it was a pretty good deal, I paid $1200 for it and it came with a 18-135mm lens and a 70-300mm lens. It also came with a crap tripod, a crap carrying case, crap lens cleaner, a crap hard carrying case, and a crap wide angle adaptor.. none of which I use.

So as far as the ebay packages, make sure you check the sellers feedback rating and make sure its good. And as for the package contents, anything in the package with the brand "Digital Concepts" on it is going to be junk, so dont expect anything cool.

But all in all you can snag some pretty good deals on ebay and the name brand contents of the package are great.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello, i am in the market for a nikon d80 and i am wondering is e bay a safe way to go, there lens packages seem so cheap, can anyone help me?:confused:

Look at brand and model numbers of EACH item in the package. If they don't specify the exact model assume it is "junk". It is worth paying a little more for a first tier retailer just in case there is a problem. The D80 is discounted now at places like B&H.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.