Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgurr1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I was just wondering if it was possible that maybe Nikon understated the actual speed of the D90's fps? So I searched around and found this Flickr discussion and apparently a guy has done some thorough testing and found out that it can do 5+fps. Another person chimed in and said that he got 6fps with the battery grip on!!! Anybody else do any testing and find out similar results?

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
I was just wondering if it was possible that maybe Nikon understated the actual speed of the D90's fps? So I searched around and found this Flickr discussion and apparently a guy has done some thorough testing and found out that it can do 5+fps. Another person chimed in and said that he got 6fps with the battery grip on!!! Anybody else do any testing and find out similar results?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond90/page14.asp

These are the people to trust.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
I agree

dpreview and the specs of 4.5fps are correct. If there would be a chance to get more fps with the grip, why wouldn't it be advertised? Nikon could sell more grips. Or bolster the marketing material .. "up to 6 fps".

I have a D90 and 4.5 is the top of the line. Which is not bad for my usage considering that you nice action captured with that speed anyway.

cgurr1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I would not think that Nikon would underestimate or not take advantage of the marketing capabilities but there have been tons of gadgets that people found they could get to exceed manufactures' claims, so while i highly doubt that every d90 can do 5+ fps it would not surprise me if someone did some testing and got more than 4.5.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
I would not think that Nikon would underestimate or not take advantage of the marketing capabilities but there have been tons of gadgets that people found they could get to exceed manufactures' claims, so while i highly doubt that every d90 can do 5+ fps it would not surprise me if someone did some testing and got more than 4.5.

People who professionally test DSLR's all day long, tested the D90 at 4.5FPS.

DPReview.com > some guy on flikr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.