Nikon NX2 trouble

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ronea2, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ronea2, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

ronea2 macrumors newbie

I just switched from a PC to a MAC and needed to get the Mac software from Nikon. We had a problem locating my old activation keys - once that was resolved they told me to delete the trial version of 2.2.6 from the Mac and remove some folders and files, which I did with no problem. Then they had be reinstall 2.2.6, them update to 2.2.8, and then enter my new activation key. All went well - key was accepted, browser works well, but when I load any image in the editor, I get bizarre colors - mostly greens and blues - nothing like it should be. If I take the edited photo (with the bad colors) and open it in photoshop, all looks well. I am going to try to attach a screen shot to show what it going on. I also think all was working well with the trial version. I've also deleted NX2 and reinstalled at least three time. Nikon has been no help as of yet - they're working on it. And may get back to me on Monday.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Nice to have? Maybe. Needed to get? Absolutely not. I have a Nikon D40 digital camera. I installed Nikon's software for the heck of it. However, I never use it for a useful purpose. iPhoto just works--with my Nikon, my two Olympus digital cameras, and photographs from every other digital source.

So. Why do you believe that you need the Mac software from Nikon?

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I have a Nikon D100, and more recently purchased a Nikon D7000. I never installed the Nikon software.

I now shoot RAW+JPEG on my D7000. I import everything into Aperture 3. I love the program and have no use for Nikon's NX2.

/Jim

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The disk on my Nikon V1 is still sitting in the box sealed and untouched, as it was for my D70s when I bought that back in the day