Nikon P6000, what was Nikon thinking?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chip NoVaMac, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Great specs for this camera, but Windows only support?

Lets hope for great things from Canon and the G10 :)

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I agree with the gist of what you're saying - but it's only the quasi-RAW support that's Windows only. You should be able to shoot JPEG and use the camera on a Mac.

But if I were to buy a point and shoot, I'd want RAW support - so the P6000 wouldn't be a camera I'd consider. Heck, while I love Nikon dSLRs I don't see anything that'd make me pick a Nikon P&S - even without pulling RAW into the equation.

3. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

I just think the P6000 is hilarious! "Now with an ethernet jack!" LOL! Did you see how slow the lens is?!?! And with an alarming 14MP on 1/1.7" chip. Talk about slow writes and large files for no good reason. A total brain fart on the part of Nikon.

Seriously, rumors are that Nikon is planning a release of a new compact camera with the D60 sensor. My guess is the P6000 was already in the product pipeline, and someone said "well, let's just get it out there."

I like the LX3 a lot (have cash in hand), and it will be out soon, but I don't know if I can buy it with this rumored Nikon and also the rumored G10 around the corner. C'mon Photokina. You can't come soon enough!