nillkin full glass screen protectors on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ptahkeem, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ptahkeem macrumors member

anyone reviewed/bought the nillkin full glass screen protectors(the ones with the colored borders) on ebay for iphone 6/6+ yet? searched the web and forum and found nothing. anyways, i pulled the plug, cheap at $10-15 a pop, so if no one has ill try to post pics once i get it. interestingly they look very similar to the moshi glass protector that isnt out yet.

2. dcell macrumors member

I almost bit the bullet but i am still doubting, seems like there will be some edge lifting and it's not compatible with all cases. It does look like the one from Benks only without the horseshoe at the home button area.

3. ptahkeem thread starter macrumors member

I think all edge to edge protectors have some compatibility issues with cases but at $10-15 a pop I figured I'd give it a whirl. I'm not really a fan of the "horseshoe" cutout around the button area so I got this as a precursor to the moshi version thats still not out yet.

4. docprego macrumors 65816

I wonder if the Nillkin and Moshi are actually identical products? From pictures they appear to be so. There's quite a price difference with the Nillkin being MUCH cheaper.

5. ptahkeem thread starter macrumors member

the pictures do look very similar but i have a gut feeling the nillkin will be inferior to the moshi... then again this is pure speculation.

the nillkin i ordered from ebay just left china so... i can expect it in a couple weeks... hurray?

6. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Here are photos of the Benks tempered glass which I'm almost certain is the same as Nillkin: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20240087&postcount=26

7. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

8. docprego macrumors 65816

Can you post some pics of them please?

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I bought the Nillkin and have it installed. I love it. There was another thread in here where I reviewed it and posted pics. I think it was in a zagg thread. I don't have the pics on me now since I took them with my iPad. There's almost no chance of edge peeling. I use mine with a diztronic case and it's still like 2mm all around from the protector. No where close enough to cause it to peel.

10. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Is this the one? http://www.moshi.com/screen-protector-ivisor-iphone-6-ag#black

11. ptahkeem thread starter macrumors member

no the moshi glass one i mentioned is this one

http://www.moshi.com/screen-protector-ivisor-glass-iphone-6-plus#black

----------

thanks for the input ^^. is the border a solid color or is it slightly reflective out of curiosity? hoping its more solid than reflective

12. docprego, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

docprego macrumors 65816

That's not the same Nillkin I am talking about. This is the one that looks identical to the Moshi:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161462997845?nav=SEARCH

13. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

14. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

What do you mean? It's all clear glass. There's no real border to see unless you view it from an angle.

15. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

I have Nilkin glass, it's ok. Scratch proof, looks good.

16. docprego macrumors 65816

There's a black or white border around the entire perimeter of the protector.

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

nillkin full glass screen protectors on ebay

No there isn't. That's the other Nillkin someone posted. The one I have doesn't have a border.

18. ptahkeem thread starter macrumors member

there are two versions but the one i was discussing in the original post was the one with the colored border that looks similar to the benks, and moshi ones.

19. docprego macrumors 65816

I'm referring to the one the OP mentioned which does have the border.

This is the one I am referring to as well. Looks like it is the exact same product as the Moshi iVisor Glass, just much less expensive.