Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
1) Portrait/Landscape Lock
I wanted there to be a way to view the phone in portrait even when it is physically oriented sideways (i.e. when lying in bed). Now that all of the major texts apps flip automatically, this will be very frustrating.

2) Calendar Bug Fix
I wanted to be able to move an event to a different calendar after it has been created.

3) Customizable Sounds
For MMS and voicemail.

4) Vibrate-then-Ring and Ring-then-Vibrate
Instead of a simple on/off for vibrate under the silent off section, a menu of choices would be nice.

5) Repeating alerts for missed calls
It's there as an option for MMS, why not missed calls?

6) A volume setting for each alarm in the alarm clock.

7) Ability for phone to be off and charge.

8) Horizontal week view for calendar. Horizontal night stand view for alarm clock.

9) A way to cancel MMS messages as they are being sent.

OriginalMasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
APPLE is very stupid when it comes to customisatons. they just refuse to simply include these options (sms bubble color changes, and the other trivial shxts). These are all simple software options and apple refuses to let you control these.

Vibrate, rings, etc - those are the most basic options. Just retarded when you don't even have it on this advance phone. Even my RAZR v3 has it and the speaker phone/mic is actually 3x louder than my iPhone 3G.

I hate companies like apple because they are pure communists.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
2) Calendar Bug Fix
I wanted to be able to move an event to a different calendar after it has been created.

3) Customizable Sounds
For MMS and voicemail.

8) Horizontal week view for calendar. Horizontal night stand view for alarm clock.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

There are several dictionary apps. You should get one.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Lets face it they did a pretty good job with 3.0 with all they put in it...even though these things should've been there from day one anyway. That system preferences is getting pretty cluttered as it is.

Now that they have new hardware they'll probably add additional stuff as time goes on

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I think one of the main reasons why Apple hasn't given many customization options is to make the device more simple. If there were 1,000 different options, some users might get lost.

I do agree with almost all of your suggestions, but I think that allowing users to customize things like the message bubbles is going too far. There's already enough settings as it is.

iArrudaG

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2009
APPLE is very stupid when it comes to customisatons. they just refuse to simply include these options (sms bubble color changes, and the other trivial shxts). These are all simple software options and apple refuses to let you control these.

Vibrate, rings, etc - those are the most basic options. Just retarded when you don't even have it on this advance phone. Even my RAZR v3 has it and the speaker phone/mic is actually 3x louder than my iPhone 3G.

If you don't like their products, don't buy them. It's as simple as that. Really!

brosmooth

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
ok but why couldnt Apple make a customize app, like the spicy chicken had, they could do it similar and do apps like how they do themes/background things on apple.com. You go online download the theme or one thing that you like, sync itunes and have just one setting bubble thing or an app that openes like customize...

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
1) Portrait/Landscape Lock
I wanted there to be a way to view the phone in portrait even when it is physically oriented sideways (i.e. when lying in bed). Now that all of the major texts apps flip automatically, this will be very frustrating.
More importantly I want to see some data on the lock screen. Calendar events for the day, the weather, email, sms, phone call data, etc.

2) Calendar Bug Fix
Agreed this is very annoying

3) Customizable Sounds
For MMS and voicemail.
Why this isn't there all ready I'll never know.

4) Vibrate-then-Ring and Ring-then-Vibrate
Instead of a simple on/off for vibrate under the silent off section, a menu of choices would be nice.

5) Repeating alerts for missed calls
It's there as an option for MMS, why not missed calls?
I would rather have it for missed calls than SMS alerts...

6) A volume setting for each alarm in the alarm clock.
That would be more options, but I don't see the point...

Whoa! That's not possible? Weird.
8) Horizontal week view for calendar.
That's kind of a no brainer, isn't it? I wonder why Apple hasn't done that. It would look pretty slick.
Horizontal night stand view for alarm clock.
Meh, I can't see anyone using that.

YES!!!!!

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
I'm disappointed in the fact that after three major software releases, Apple has yet to provide the iPod app with scrolling song titles. If said song's title is too long, the iPod app will simply cut it short and add ellipses to the end of the cutoff-point. :rolleyes:

My 2nd generation iPod Nano was capable of scrolling song titles, not sure why the implementation on the iPhone should be anymore difficult.

[/rant]

jarenado

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Florida
I'm disappointed in the fact that after three major software releases, Apple has yet to provide the iPod app with scrolling song titles. If said song's title is too long, the iPod app will simply cut it short and add ellipses to the end of the cutoff-point. :rolleyes:

My 2nd generation iPod Nano was capable of scrolling song titles, not sure why the implementation on the iPhone should be anymore difficult.

[/rant]

right there with you. I hadnt realized this until last week when I looked at a song title and couldnt figure out how to read the rest of the title. This feature has been around since at least the 4g ipod. what the heck, big overlook on apples part

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I think more customization would be nice and I'm pretty sure Apple has a few thinkers working for them that could come up with a nice way to implement it all.
More importantly I want to see some data on the lock screen. Calendar events for the day, the weather, email, sms, phone call data, etc.
I would love this, so long as I also had the ability to turn on/off anything.

aprofetto

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

This is actually possible.

Plug your iPhone in, while plugged in, turn your iPhone off. Voila.

Something to note, if you unplug your iPhone and then turn it on, your usage stats won't be reset, however, if you turn on your iPhone, and then unplug it, your usage stats will be reset, just a little something to keep in mind.

But you can definitely charge your iPhone while its off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.