Ninja Theroy+Capcom=DMC5!!!!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Wow, that looks so very horrible. No offence meant, but what part of that was "freakin awesome"? All I saw, was the butchering of a once great series (but I will reserve judgement til I see actual gameplay footage). Dante looks like he's spent more time in line ups for twilight movies than kicking ass. Seriously, what the hell Capcom?

Capcom has totally ruined the aesthetic of one of the most stylish games in the industry, as well as breaking what was clearly a winner with fans.

2. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Interesting. I shall reserve judgement, but I think DMC 3 was just about perfect. Very light hearted but badass at the same time. Not liking the darker image here, nor the Blood stained font.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Early DMC players are growing up now and many will have stopped gaming. Time to tap into a younger fresher audience to get sales up. As much as this emo thing isn't nearly as cool to many of us slightly aging gamers (mid 20s to mid 30s), it's definitely huge and will attract a lot of players.

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

You do know the average age of a gamer is ~25-30 years old right?

5. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

Personlaly I think the dante is ok I'm just happy that Ninja theory and capcom are behind this it should be pretty awesome.

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Yeah, but the generations change. Maybe I didn't word my post that well. The first DMC was in development back in 1999/2000, released 2001. We're 10 years on now - I'd be very surprised if they didn't start catering to a younger generation. (I'm 29 myself and can clearly see the shift moving away from things I found cool).

7. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Eh I dunno, they don't really have much of a track record. Heavenly Sword was quite average, and from reports, Enslaved is pretty bad as well.

Also, they aren't making DMC5. It's a "reboot" of the series.

8. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    27 here. Things usually go in cycles as you well know. I see kids wearing tight pants now. That in my book will never be cool, nor look good. :p Many games are now going to the 5minute gamer that does not want a tutorial, nor complexity. Look at Assassin's Creed. I think you need only to hold "A" down the entire time :rolleyes: