Ninja Video and Snow Leopard.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rm2092, Sep 1, 2009.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Not sure if I have this in the right section but any ways, any one here watch Divx movies on the Ninja Video website ? Up until I installed Snow leopard on my iMac and my MBP I was able to watch movies and now I'm unable to. I reinstalled my Divx software and Perian thinking that it was lost in the upgrade but still nothing, any ways I'm looking for some help here so I can start watching movies on there site again.
    Thanks...

Oh here is the link to the site.

http://www.ninjavideo.net/index.php

I thought I would try it with Firefox but that does not working at all infact it will crash the browser.

2. funkee macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. Safari in snow leopard is now 64bit. this is causing a problem either with ninjavideo's java applet or with the webplayer.

The problem can be fixed by quitting safari, getting info on safari (command + i when safari is selected in applications folder), and checking "open in 32-bit mode". Hopefully this will not be a long lasting issue as it would be nice to leave safari run in 64-bit mode for the extra performance.

3. newspypig macrumors newbie

I'm installng snow leopard.
    Worried to see this kind of problems.

4. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

5. xandonx macrumors newbie

doesnt work for me either

yeah, I'm having the same problems....I have a macbook pro...and even after doing what Funkee said to do, i still can't get the DivX vids to play unless I download them...

weird that I spent so much money on a mac and I had less problems like this on my PC.

6. Seboyaboy macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

I depend on ninja video to watch all my shows, but since upgrading to snow leopard it has been giving me problems.

Using the helper applet, I still get a white screen where the "captcha" (letter typing in window) should be before you get the video screen. I did the 32 bit check box for safari, turned off pop up blocker but still nothing... Does anyone had a clue what do do to get it working? please?????

7. cp24 macrumors newbie

Glad to see I'm not the only

Same thing. Just bought a mac after a friend pushed it on me and still use my PC for things like Ninja Video... I tried the adjustment to 32 bit and it worked but only for a week. Now (still set to open at 32 bit) Safari still hangs at that white screen. Any help by any Mac gurus would be appreciated!

8. ShStylo macrumors member

i had the latest version of the Divx web player and couldn't load any videos.

I would get the following message "the file you are trying to play has failed to finish downloading and can no longer play." so then I went and downloaded a previous version of the web player and the first video was fine, then the second video was stuck on the white screen as mentioned above.

I don't know what else to do now, my Safari is running in 32-bit mode. Someone help please!

Found this interesting post.. http://forum.ninjavideo.net/index.php?topic=38463.0

9. azzanash macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I am having a problem with NinjaVideo also. When it asks me to enter the security code (the four digit/letter one) it only comes up as a question mark so yea not loading it properly. Any ideas? I had it working a week ago but only for a night. Flash is working but want the real deal. For info Mac (obviously) Macbook 10.5.8 using Safari although get the same problem on Firefox and all others I have tried.
    Thanks heaps for your replies can't wait to have it up and running!

10. Coldaccord macrumors newbie

anyone ever come up with a solution for this? I also do not have cable and depend on ninjavideo etc. i have a new mbp

11. Daniel50 macrumors newbie

DivX will work on a Snow-Leoparded Mac if you use the Camino browser. Haven't tried with Firefox.