Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I see non-stop annoying comments on Google Play about the lag on it all the time. I like that it's been ported to iOS, but I wish they hadn't when it's still very much a work in progress. I think there are too many immature kiddos that jailbreak that will be whining to the developer forever and ever from now on until it actually becomes stable enough to play most things.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I'm getting about 25-30fps on my iPhone 5 playing Zelda The Phantom Hourglass, about 25fps when playing new super Mario (60fps on the mini games) and about 25fps on Pokemon Platinum.

With these speeds already I'm excited to see what we will get once the JIT and other things are fixed.

What speeds are you guys getting, with what games, and what device? I'm interested to know as I've been waiting for a nds emulator for a while now #

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
On the test version i get 25fps on Strawberry Shortcake on my IP5, better than the stable version with 12fps, still too slow for practical use but hopeful!

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
On the test version i get 25fps on Strawberry Shortcake on my IP5, better than the stable version with 12fps, still too slow for practical use but hopeful!

I didn't even know about the test version…with it I'm averaging about 40fps on Super Mario! On most levels it's completely smooth!

My hopes for the new updates are JIT implementation, revamped GUI and controls, more in depth settings, iPhone 5 support, and then I'd be glued to my phone all day #

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
60FPS iPhone 5 playing Pokemon soul silver :-D

Thanks for informing us about this, I've been waiting 4 years for a NDS emulator for iPhone

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
60FPS iPhone 5 playing Pokemon soul silver :-D

Thanks for informing us about this, I've been waiting 4 years for a NDS emulator for iPhone

How do I choose my character at the start, no matter what I do it forces me to choose the girl and then freezes up.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
How do I choose my character at the start, no matter what I do it forces me to choose the girl and then freezes up.

Happening to me to.

I think I'll try diamond/pearl, I remember when the rom first came out that soul silver/heart gold had a ton of DRM and other stuff in them causing the game to glitch/freeze, people made patches but some of them didn't work for certain emulators, and I think that's what's happening here :/

Spontida

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
How do you put in the rom? (NOT ASKING FOR DOWNLOADS) Do you just keep the file in a .zip? (Yes I own the games)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
How do you put in the rom? (NOT ASKING FOR DOWNLOADS) Do you just keep the file in a .zip? (Yes I own the games)

Make sure it isn't running in the background, unzip and put .nds file in Private/var/mobile/Documents

Open nds4ios, it should show up.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
From the looks of how things are going, it seems that the 5 will have no problem running DS emulators once JIT is implemented. What about the 4S? Is the main factor the RAM or the processor? Or is it just being "uncleaned" code, it wouldn't work so well on older devices (in other words brute strength method) until it's optimized?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.