Nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Hugh, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

What's the story with the Nintendo DS? Nobody has them in stock and yet before Christmas all the stores here at them. Is Nintendo causing a shortage to keep the used prices up? :confused:

The only place I've been able to find them are places that are selling them $10 or $20 more then the suggested price. :(

Hugh

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

They are all over the place here. Right after Christmas they were a bit hard to come by, but now most all stores have them in stock.

3. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

The prices appear to be jacked up on Amazon.com too--$20-$30 higher than the price at Wal-Mart and Kmart, both of which are sold out online.

4. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Not here...

Well the stores here do not have them in stock. We have the following:

All 4 Wal-Mart are out of stock.
    All 4 K-Mart are out of stock
    Best Buy is out of stock
    Both Game Crazy stores are out of stock (they tell me, ass soon as they get them they fly out the door)
    All 3 GameStops are out of stock
    Circuit City out of stock
    Sears out of stock
    A mom and pop store has 1 but they want $30 more then what every one wants for it. :eek: Same goes for Ebay, I'm not paying those prices! LOL

Hugh

5. centerofme macrumors newbie

None Here Either

Yeah, they're sold out at all targets and all walmarts (online as well), all game stops / EB games, and circuit city and best buys in this whole state. (according to their in store locators etc)...

It's kinda depressing because my son's just broke and we kinda wanted to replace it. *sigh*. :(

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Wiialerts.com, have them alert you when it becomes available on Amazon, works like a charm, that's how I got mine. Set up 1 click on Amazon and be ready to click it. Free ship no tax, ya can't beat it.

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

They're all sold out in my area. I just checked Circuit City and Best Buy.

Have you guys seen the new Cobalt/black model? It has the same matte finish as my weef's Crimson/Black DS from what I can tell. I would take this one over my Onyx DS.

<]=)

8. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

9. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Yeah, I read about the Colbat on best buy, and noticed it says that the buttons can be moved around on the console for better positioning, and that the Game Boy Advance slot cover for when not in used. Is this currently on the DS Lights now? Or is this maybe the reason they are out of stock is because they are refreshing the line? :confused:

Product Features
    Keep the cover on to prevent dust and debris from entering the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot; remove the cover when it's time to play
    Comes with a lithium-ion battery that supplies six to 10 hours of gameplay and requires four hours to recharge
    Cobalt/black appearance is extremely eye-catching
    Measures less than two-thirds the size of its predecessor, sports a sleek folding design and weighs 20 percent lighter for added portability
    Stylus measures one centimeter longer and one millimeter thicker for easier grip and more comfortable gameplay; also slides into a side storage slot for handy storage
    Brightness of the two well-lit screens can be adjusted to four levels; turn up the brightness to see more clearly, or decrease brightness to save on battery life
    Play both Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance (single-player only) games rendered in gorgeous graphics
    Use the built-in wireless mode to share games with friends and chat
    Several design changes include moving the microphone to the center and repositioning the start and select buttons for easier access

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

They're talking about in comparison to the original DS. There is only one model DS Lite, with different color variations.