Nintendo Players Podcast: Episode 1

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Aug 22, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Put the first episode up. Just a two minute short introducing most of the staff, talking about what our website is, and going over last week's news.

I know, it's the first episode, there are flaws. My voice isn't good for humor (nothing like Zero Punctuation) and I actually sound rather girly on camera so most of the humor is conveyed in imagery and subtitles.

Is it okay for a weekly YouTube feature to keep viewers?

Future episodes will have multiple commentators and sometimes roundtables.

To view:
    YouTube version
    GameTrailers version
    MPEG-4 for iTunes/iPod

[/shameless self promotion]

Thanks! I'm curious for feedback.

2. phanboyjohn macrumors member

Not a bad podcast at all, GFLPraxis! The one question I'd have is whether a video format is really necessary. Although the audio podcasting space is fairly crowded, I'm not sure if there's really content there to justify a video podcast. Usually, video podcasts are heavily video or graphically based--the podcast makes excellent use of high quality images, don't get me wrong, I just never get the sense like it needs to be in video format.

Also, an audio podcast has the advantage of being listened to passively or semi-passively, whereas a video podcast has to be the focus of something (staring at your iPod, watching on your Apple TV/computer/Youtube in browser).

Anyway, just two cents from an avid podcast listener. Great job!

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Video is a good choice over audio for video game podcasts.

The guy should not be doing the voice overs, too softly spoken and monotone(and shouldn't be admitting he's doing it from his parents basement!!).

Editing is good.

Text is annoying and condescending.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Couldn't listen through it. I say get a couple more guys and talk back and forth. Go for 'morning radio' personality rather than 'evening news'