Nintendo Puts Out Tv Guide Channel(In Japan)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nintyuser, Mar 4, 2008.

1. nintyuser macrumors newbie

In Japan at least Nintendo put out The T.V. Guide Channel!!!!! :eek:

It looks pretty sweet too. You can use your wiimote as a remote control too.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17871

Attached Files:

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Yay? Unless it shows the TV over the Wii who cares? Then again considering that the Wii is 480p and has no mass storage watching TV on the Wii over my TiVo HD would be a downgrade.

Another useless tool for the masses, all companies do this I suppose but the Wii has done a great job at having a lot of shovelware on their system.

3. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

4. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

5. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

... I still use the Weather channel every day...

*hides*

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually as far as i heard you can sign up with your mobile phone number and if you have a TV show on your "want to view list" coming up with a few minutes left to go it notifies you with a text message

something which i find quite interesting

and Tivo is available in how many countries ? (and it's overkill for most people and is costing a lot of money many people don't want to spend)

personally i still use the internet for checking the TV program .. simply because Tv channels are too lazy and complicated with their Teletext program and EPG is even more dog slow

i hope it gets released around here ... i'd like the text/e-mail notification system around here

7. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

hellza yeah! I use the shop channel, weather channel, Mii channel, Everbody Votes channel....

This TV guide channel could be great! Right now, I have to go to my computer to see what's on later in any given evening. A tv guide channel would mean that I wouldn't have to get up to go to my computer...and wear down the computer in the process.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Eh, not very useful if you already have cable or dish, or any other service that provides a guide. Nintendo should create a YouTube channel if anything, something like the Touch offers.

Ed, my brother has a Tivo HD, does that also make him uber? ;)

<]=)

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Depends. My cable provider's box interface is far from being user friendly. Actually, it's a pain to use for anything more than the basic functions. It's slow and unresponsive. (Scientific Atlanta)

If the Wii version is any better… meh… I would probably still don't use it. There's so little left worth watching on TV. Still, good news for people who watch a lot of TV… in Japan.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

This is actually useful since it can text you right before a show starts and lets you see what your friends like and recommend. But anyone who has a TiVo or DVR will find it useless, so it's not a big deal for me.

But why does Japan get all of these channels first?? Where's our Everybody's Nintendo Channel? Nintendo, stop making new channels until you port the old ones to the rest of the world!

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

My Cox cable menu sucked big time. Dish Network was a nice upgrade over it.

I'm still waiting for the downloadable content channel. :(

<]=)

12. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I would use the weather channel if it didn't just update once a day at midnight. :eek:

I guess the temperature at Nintendo's headquarters doesn't change throughout the day. :rolleyes: