Nintendo WI-FI problems

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ajcrow, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ajcrow macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.

I've had Pokemon diamond for almost a year and a half now and decided to try and get online, and seem there's only ONE Nintendo hotspot in my city (I'm in a major city) decided to do it at home. I don't own a router, and have a mac computer, so a usb connector is out of the equation, HOWEVER, I have found out that you can use an airport card, which came with our new iMac, to broadcast a wireless network using airport if you have an Ethernet connection at this website:
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...51119155606277

I am however experiencing difficulty setting this up. Every time I reach the step where I turn internet sharing on, it disconnects my airport network, and if I reconnect that, then internet sharing turns itself off. If anyone would mind helping me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

2. ajcrow thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried many variations on the settings, but I am sure that the problem I am having is with the mac and not the DS.

Does anyone know what is going on? The damn internet sharing button keeps on turning itself off, and when i turn it on it makes me leave whatever airport I am on. If I join another airport network, internet sharing turns off.

Please! Would anyone help? I've seen examples where other people have gotten this to work, and would much prefer this to going out and buying a base station I cannot afford!