Nintendo Wii and Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ninjaslim, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ninjaslim macrumors member

I have a current generation MacBook Pro 13 hooked up to my LG Flatron 23". I want to connect my Nintendo Wii to my MacBook Pro and be able to play it on my Flatron. Does anyone have a solution for this?

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I don't see what the MBP has got to do with this, what you seem to want to do is output to an LG Flatron from a Wii. For which a Wii forum would be best to ask the Q.

3. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Same as above, I fail to see the reason the mac is a bother. The Wii can only use the default AV cables as far as I know and your mac shouldn't be hooked up through those. Just plug in the Wii and go.

Or, crazy though, if you want to use your TV as a TV then unhook the computer.

4. harc macrumors newbie

nintendo wii and mac osx

Actually macrumor guides describes how to set the mac preferences to connect to the Wii on your airport network. The Wii can be used like an Apple tv with the purchase of an transfer program. The instructions are for system 10.3 and 10.4. The preferences for 10.6.8,what I am running, are different and I could not make the connection. I'm wondering If someone else would would know how to make the wireless connection.
    Thanks
    Harold