General "NintendoDS Emulator in the works" for the iPhone -zodttd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Adava, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Adava macrumors member

[​IMG]

This would be effin crazy.

What do you guys think? Is it possible?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

That would be great on the iPad. The iPhone has too small of a screen IMO.

Stoked either way. It's a great idea.

3. Adava thread starter macrumors member

I'd be super amazed if Robert Brogalia took on this quest as well because his emulators are way better in my oppinion. Way higher framerate.

Ye sure , the iPhone is pretty small but on the other hand - it's possible.
    I could see that the controllers would be tweaked and that the app in itself could solve it somehow with having 2 screens you switch between - look at it like Zephyr , sord of. I don't know , just a thought.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Woohoo! So excited! Would love to play some DS games on my Mini. They don't look very good on my 3DS because of the borders. :(

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Just keep in mind this is coming from the guy with the incredibly lacking N64 emulator that has never received updates despite constant promises of updates. ;)

6. frenchbullcho macrumors regular

I have emuroms from big boss on cydia . I downloaded a game but I do not know how to play it . Please help

7. Siggen macrumors 6502

Im afraid you have to ask somewhere else. While emulators ain't illegal, most roms are, in the US anyways.

----------

Well he quit programming under the name and using the name ZodTTD online cold turkey for about two years. So his lack of updates was due to this.

He is a great programmer, and emulating N64 is a pain in the ars any how you turn and twist it.

8. Gotoma macrumors member

It is technichally possible, there are some decent DS emulators on Android and one of them can even run something like Pokemon Black (1) at a playable fps. However it might be harder to do in iOS because The emulator landscape seems to be really scarce. BTW are there any PSX emulator that works on iOS 6 ?

9. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

ZodTTD is a dickwad. He's sold emulators and hasn't supported them, leaving his purchasing customers out in the cold. If he can do it, good for him - it seems he's the only one left making emulators for the iPhone these days.

I won't be buying it after my experience with his PSX, N64, SNES, and other emulators. Every time I get suckered in. Not this time.

----------

Yeah, to PAID CUSTOMERS. Pissed me off. I don't care if it's a pain in the arse, if you sell a product, back it up.

And I know that's a lie... He didn't quit programming, he went over to the android side and got chewed up and spit out by his competition, and came back to the iPhone after BSlapps went out of business.

10. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Hey, I had the same confusion. Downloading the ROM literally does only that. You will have to download a supplementing emulator to run it. The downloaded ROMs will show up in the game selection.

This would be awesome. Would also be interesting to see how the touch works with it?!

11. Adava thread starter macrumors member

That's not entirely true. Robert Brogalia is really cool. His emulators are running in high fps and in my opinion better than gpsphone.

Maybe Robert sees this and picks up competition ?

12. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Right, but he got his PayPal suspended and won't work through Amazon payments, so you have to get money to him in some shady way... Great.

13. Adava thread starter macrumors member

I know but I worked it out. He's really quick with sending a reply on email, he really is. And it works just fine. He gifts it to you once he got the payment from you.

Also, many people don't know but why his paypal got suspended is because paypals legal terms got in the way because it's not legal to sell emulators.

That's why.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, I dont think I would ever bother with something like that.
    Big red flags there.
    Sounds like a nigerian scam. Western union me money for the emulator:D

15. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

finally i can put my usb ds card reader to the works!

16. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

man I can't wait for zodttd to churn out another crappy, unoptimized and unauthorized port of another emulator and charge money for it.

17. DatRippelEffect macrumors member

i bought the gba emulator through Robert the other week. had no problems was added to my cydia account a few hours later. his emulators was the main reason i got the ipad1 way back when tbh haha.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Interesting. The iPad mini would be the perfect medium for the ds emulator IMO

19. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

I would love to see Robert release an N64 emulator. That I would be happy to pay for.

Thankfully I downloaded a pirated version of the N64iOS emulator. I normally pay for stuff but the screenshots made me want to try before buying and it was so bad I deleted it within minutes.

I either want a great N64 emulator or none at all on my iPad. It's like being half pregnant. I'm either going to have one or I am not. I'd rather not play Golden Eye then play it with no ICP support, 2 buttons, skips, graphics missing, bad sound, etc...

20. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'll just use my laptop as a ds emulator. Works fine enough. Just beat pokemon black, now playing black 2 and then next heart gold.