Nissan altima head unit for iPod use.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by travisjacques, Dec 16, 2009.

1. travisjacques macrumors member

I'm looking to have my girlfriends 03 altima made iPod friendly. I have removed the headunit to find no 8 pin din port or anything like that. I'm wondering if I could change the headunit to a later model that has the 8 pin din or maybe even an aux input.

She really wants to retain the stock look of her stereo and really wants to be able to continue using the steering wheel controls.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

There are adapter devices available. Try checking out crutchfield and entering the make and model. It will tell you what headunits fit in the car and it will tell you the accessories needed to make it work. In those accessories will most likely be some adapter.

3. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Try a WIRED FM modulator (not one of those crappy wireless things). It allows you to add an aux in jack and then you simply tune the radio to the preset frequency, connect the cable to the headphone jack and away you go.
    The sound is really very good and is not to be confused with the wireless modulators. If you are at all technically capable, it involves pulling out the head unit, placing the FM Mod cable to your car's antenna and splicing power. A good Fm Mod can be had for between $30-$40. Try the Schosche FMMOD-2.