Nissan Copies Apple!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by johnhmeyer123, Sep 24, 2007.

1. johnhmeyer123 macrumors member

Hey guys. I just wanted to point this out: I recently saw an ad for a new Nissan car and saw the Apple weather widget pic. Im not really sure about this, but attached is the screenshot i took of it

Attached Files:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Well...it's not an exact copy of the Dashboard widget. Before Dashboard, there were widgets in a program called Konfabulator that looked very similar, as well as web page layouts and weather segments on news programs on television that featured very similar graphics. There were even versions of similar graphics printed in things called newspapers, but that might be before your time.

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Nissan's also a bit fond of using Apple products, I think they've used a few iPods and I remember seeing an G5/Intel iMac in one of their commericals. I don't see the what's big deal though.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yes, i remember that also.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I've seen a few with iBooks and iMacs as well. A lot of car companies like using Apple products. Their elegance only helps the cause;)