Nisus Writer Pro (v2) Update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyffin, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Hello all! I'm rather hoping for some insight from users of Nisus Writer Pro who have upgraded to v2.

Having looked at the release notes http://www.nisus.com/pro/releasenotes20.php there seems to be quite a few new features added, and some look quite appealing- for example the ability to track changes and greater formatting control over documents- so I think I'll download the trial to see whether its worthwhile for my use; BUT!

I'd be very appreciative of any comments from those who use this program (especially those who have worked with the update for some time) as to the differences they've noticed and whether they've found the upgrade worthwhile (particularly helpful would be any descriptions of changes to working and usability- and if anyone has noticed any difference to titling and chapters that would be very appreciated)

Many thanks!

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

3. Kyffin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you very much for the link to that excellent article! After reading the Nisus forum I've decided to go ahead and update my version (have another thesis to write so it should prove worthwhile), but the article looks interesting and exactly the description of the differences that I was hoping for. Again, Thank You.

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

No problem. :D:cool::D
    Post back with your impressions after you use the software, maybe start a new thread...
    best ..

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I upgraded as soon as it was available. I personally have only run into the problem with the page number with a 1 digit in the footer being a problem. They are working on a fix. Is the upgrade worth it? Absolutely! I have been using Nisus with OS 9 since 1998 and as soon as it was available for OS X. I use it and Mellel about equally. NWP for files to share and do quick work; Mellel for academic work. But the improvements in NWP move it into the same category as Mellel for academic work (I need Hebrew and Greek to work flawlessly, and these are the only two that really do).