NitoTV SmartInstaller: NEED HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rjbrown, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rjbrown macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2010

I have been scowering the internet forums. I need help bad. I have appleTV 3.0.1. I have been through all of the hack stuff this past week. I am a newbee but am a little computer literate. I used the patchstick atvusb-creator just like is described all over the place. I loaded up boxee and XMBC yada yada. I want to unlock the USB and when I go to run the smart installer from NitoTV I get an error. It won't do it. I self learned how to open up an SSH connection and am able to connect to my appleTV. I can type whatever commands someone tells me too and get it to work. I have no idea how to fix this error. I also figured out how to use Cyberduck but don't really know what to do with it. I can see all the files but don't know what should be where.

It looks like this on my appleTV.

nitoHelper[163]XML parsererror:
    Unexpected character h at line 1

I don't know how to get the smartinstaller to work so I can unlock my USB. Any solutions??????????
  2. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    correct me if i'm wrong, but for 3.0.1, shouldn't the smart installer be looking for the 10.5 image? I didn't know if NitoTV is still using the 10.4 image

may be something to look into?
  3. rjbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2010
    I'll look into it. I don't know anything about it either. I am a newbee at this. It's painful because I have almost gotten there with everything but this one thing won't work and it's the most important part to unlock the USB.
  4. rjbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2010
    Need Advice

No love from anyone else huh. I guess my thread is a little dry. Anyway, if anyone out there wants to weigh in that would be awesome. I am trying to look into the advice about 10.5.

Any other takers on help?