Nitpick: SMS send button should be moved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amro, Aug 18, 2008.

1. amro macrumors 6502

Ok, I know this is a nitpick, but I keep treating the send button like a backspace button as one would have on a regular keyboard.

Aside from that, I love the virtual keyboard. I was a bit apprehensive, but now I find this loads better than my silly work Blackberry 8820. Those keys are ti-ny.

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I agree!

I'm a bit more used to it now ... but man, I was sending half finished txt's like crazy before!

3. The General macrumors 601

Yes, let's move the send button because you don't know where the backspace button is. :rolleyes:

4. elbirth macrumors 65816

I don't know that it's really necessary to move it, but I do agree that it's a bit close to the keyboard. I know it's there and I know where the backspace key is... but when I'm trying to type quickly, my thumb does come dangerously close to the send button. luckily I haven't accidentally sent an incomplete message yet, but I'm very apprehensive at making sure I don't hit it by mistake

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I used to hate that the send button was above the keyboard. Now I like it because it's easier to hit with my thumb... trying to reach the Return key with my thumb is weird. I now like the position of the send button.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

"it is not our job to appeal to the lowest common denominator..." Pres. Jeb Bartlett (paraphrased)

7. amro thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, the General rolls his eyes at me. I'm honored.

Calm down, just making a simple observation here. I haven't threatened to return my phone, sue the company or complain about some big conspiracy. For what it's worth, I love this phone. My backups take all of 5 minutes (max), I don't have 3G issues here in Dallas, and MobileMe push works perfectly for me. My apps don't crash, and my phone has yet to lock up.

Maybe I shouldn't have said it should be moved, but some of the messages I've accidentally sent are quite funny. Just making an observation. Chill.

8. dranakin macrumors 6502

Maybe it should be where the 'Return' key is? Who really inserts a new paragraph space during a text?

Also, if you watched the initial iPhone keynote, you'll see that Steve makes the same mistake [of hitting the return key, thinking it was a send button].

9. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

i agree. moving it would be a big improvement!

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

??
    I often do this...

11. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I keep hitting the delete button cos it looks like a return key lol :D