nLite & VMWare

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by philstone, Mar 11, 2009.

1. philstone macrumors 6502

Hi, I want to create a Windows XP install using nLite for Fusion but I only really need the internet (I have programs in the office that require IE7!!!)
    I´m sure I read somewhere that I dont need to include any drivers at all as VMWare Tools will automatically do this - is this correct? Has anyone got a good guide for this kind of install? Nearly all the installs I found on the web are not specific to VMWare so I´m sure there´s loads on them tha I dont need?

Thanks

Phil

2. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Yes, VM Ware tools will install the necessary drivers. I'm not exactly sure what you're doing with nlite, but assuming all you are doing is slipstreaming the latest service pack... everything should work.

3. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

I want to strip it down to as small as possible... I´m getting a MBA soon so obviously disk space is limited...

Cheers

4. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Using nlite

I would recommend a full XP install. Then use the control panel remove programs function to remove windows components that you don't want. This usually works well.

Using nlite is not as simple as it appears and you can waste many hours test installing images and checking them out.

5. om3ga785 macrumors member

There really is no need to use nLite for installing Windows on your MBA.

nLite is used primarily for adding specific hardware drivers into a new ISO image with the windows installation files (i.e for specific SATA H/D drivers)