nMB and soundwork (MainStage etc)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sasha.danielle, Mar 15, 2015.

1. sasha.danielle, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

sasha.danielle macrumors regular

I'm pretty excited about this laptop. I'm a writer, grad student and university instructor, so this machine excites me to no end. It seems like it would be great for hauling to class, working at the library etc. And for my more involved tasks, I can do that at home on an iMac, so I'm not too worried about that.

However, I'm also a musician (when I get the time). And for a while I've been thinking about ditching all my 'real-world' guitar pedals (which, especially the analog ones, tend to break down, or react oddly with the electrical wiring in different buildings) for a more dependable electronic rig. Plus taking a MacBook on stage is easier than a whole whack of pedals. I've been eyeing up a few apps, MainStage being one of them.

Do you guys think this new MacBook could run that live? It definitely meets the minimum requirements, but I doubt that those requirements really mean smooth operation either.

I don't really intend to do much recording, if any, on it, so I'm not too worried about Logic Pro X (though if it ran LP, that would definitely be a bonus). I'm mostly concerned with MainStage.

I should say too, that I'm excited enough for this, that the MainStage thing might not necessarily be a dealbreaker, but I'd still like to know what I'm getting myself into.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

I think this thread might be better suited for the audio subforum.

3. sasha.danielle, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah? It's not a question regarding anything in particular to that app, only whether or not the nMP will handle the load (as someone else might ask about photoshop or video editing).

I can try over there though.