Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nethfel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Hi all,

I've been experimenting now with 14.12 omega - it's been working well overall for some games w/ crossfire DISABLED (like COD AW) but other, less intensive games I seem to crash out to a black screen like Aion.

It seems even worse if I enable Crossfire - when I do my framerates seem to drop dramatically. I'm wondering if anyone else using 14.12 is seeing something similar? I'm debating on backing down to 14.11.2 beta or possibly all the way to 14.9. Is anyone else having issues with Crossfire on a 2013 nMP w/ 14.12? I've got D700's in mine if that makes any kind of difference.

I'm not sure of any way off hand that I can actually test the second/slave GPU to make sure it's working as it should to eliminate any problems with it...

nethfel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Of course, if I do have a problem, I'll have to back down to a lower driver first to make sure it's not a driver related issue. I guess I could try 3DMark, I have 06, 11 and vantage.

Update: I ran 3DMark 11, without xfire graphics score of 2487, with xfire 4986 so my two gpus are working. I guess there is just a problem with a few of the games and 14.12 - somewhat annoying but oh well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.