NMP an Panasonic WT600 4K TV

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by JonBigTelly, Jan 7, 2014.

1. JonBigTelly macrumors newbie

Hi there, Have a NMP on order 6 core base model expected in January some time. I have 2 x 27" thunderbolt displays but am planning on connecting it to my 4k tv which supports HDMI 2 and have a Displayport socket which I understand can also display 3840x2160 @60hz. Can anybody tell me what type of lead will be best as it has a full size display port rather than the mini thunderbolt size one. Sorry if its a silly question but I am unsure if a mini display port to full-size will do the trick. Thx in advance

2. pitabox987, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014

pitabox987 macrumors member

You can connect the Thunderbolt displays using Thunderbolt cables since they are already compatible.

There is no current direct Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor. — However you can connect the HDMI display using a Mini Display to HDMI adaptor into one of the other Thunderbolt ports. — the Mini Display port is compatible with Thunderbolt ports since both are the same size;if you want to use all three displays at once I see no issue, the Mac Pro definitely has the grunt to run them simultaneously.

Hope that answers your question?