Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hello guys,

would anyone be so kind and try to see whats the output on the nMP? Preferably on D700 althogh D500 is good too :)))

I'm not saying that I want nMP for mining only, just thinking that if I get one I could offset the cost but right now I'm debating if it actually brings any benefit :)

Thank you

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Hello guys,

would anyone be so kind and try to see whats the output on the nMP? Preferably on D700 althogh D500 is good too :)))

I'm not saying that I want nMP for mining only, just thinking that if I get one I could offset the cost but right now I'm debating if it actually brings any benefit :)

Thank you

hi...just do it yourself...and you tell us how it went. Thank you. :)

brand

Suspended
Oct 3, 2006
Hello guys,

Thank you

Did you look on the first page of this forum about the same thing?

cap7ainclu7ch

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
You would be far better off building your own rig. I just built two rigs with 5 280x's per setup. All you need is a basic motherboard ($150), basic CPU ($50), ram ($40), and two power supplies ($200) plus the cards obviously. 280x do about 740khs and are pretty good for price/performance. You can also for for something like the 270x. The higher end (290x) doesn't really pay off considering the added cost. I'm hoping my investment is going to eventually pay for a mac pro myself!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
It's just bad value. There are better GPU choices out there for this kind of task that are way cheaper.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
oh i see. ok, let me find that thread, I must have overlooked it.
I thought that if I get the mac pro and over night when im not using it i would set it to mine then eventually i would get some money back and that way it would be ok to buy it otherwise its too expensive for me now so I might wait a bit :)
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.