nMP BootCamp Driver issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by PhiLLoW, Oct 11, 2015.

1. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

Hi,

i was running Windows 10 in BootCamp with the unofficial AMD driver ( i think it was 15.7 ) for a while. The workaround is listed below.

The driver started to crash a lot so I used the AMD uninstall utility and wanted to install the modded driver again.

Unfortunately this is not working anymore or I'm doing something wrong. Can someone help me out?

I used this method:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...ga-driver-update.1827070/page-3#post-21654681

official bootcamp driver from AMD Page ( December 2014! ) is not working on windows 10.

modded driver with omega 14.12; Catalyst 15.7.1 ( win 7 ) tested => not working.
    modded driver with omega 14.12; Catalyst 15.7.1 ( win 10 + 8 ) tested => not working.
    modded driver with omega 14.12; Catalyst 15.9. Win10 beta tested => not working.

Can Someone help me out?
    Are there newer official drivers than december 2014?

nMP with dual D300s...

2. Mattstrete macrumors member

You should just use the latest Bootcamp drivers (v6) which are good enough for now.

(Also, the "latest" AMD "Bootcamp" drivers available separately via the AMD website caused me nothing but problems, i.e. system lockups with Crossfire enabled).

I have given up trying to modify the more recent AMD drivers to work with the nMP.

If you need more recent "Crossfire" profiles you could try to copy across a selection of DLL files from the later drivers which are available separately via a thread on the Guru3D forums.