nMP Currently * IN Stock * Thread

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CouponPages, Jan 29, 2014.

1. CouponPages macrumors regular

CouponPages

For those who are in a hurry and are not looking for custom orders....

As of right now, B & H still has 6 core / 16GB / D500 / 256GB units in stock.

2. daviesaz macrumors newbie

SmallDog also seems to have a 6-core in stock.

3. rasputin666 macrumors member

rasputin666

awesome, thank you! i ordered from apple on the 19th about 3 hours after store came online and have been 'February' from day 1. Stock 6-core is plenty for me and that is what i ordered. just went to BH, ordered, added upgraded shipping for 2 days from now, and got a free parallels [plus 3 year applecare] all for less than apple order. FRIDAY! wahoo. thx again.

4. polygoo macrumors member

These guys are in NYC and have the base and 6 core configs in stock.

http://www.tekserve.com/store/macs/mac-pro/apple-mac-pro-3-5ghz-6-core-intel-xeon-e5-with-12mb-l3-cache-16gb-256gb-dual-amd-firepro-d500-with-3gb-gddr5-vram.html

5. CouponPages thread starter macrumors regular

CouponPages

It looks like the bottleneck is custom configurations. If they at least had a D700 model as one of the base models, dealers or end-users could easily install RAM or SSDs on-site.

I bet there would be quite a few of us getting off their backs if we could walk into a store and get something with a D700 right out of stock.

6. rasputin666 macrumors member

rasputin666

i was always going to order the 6-core D500 stock, so it was a no brainer for me.

7. deconstruct60, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014

deconstruct60 macrumors 604

Not anymore. The 4 core is in stock but the specific 6 core only is back ordered now.

Appears they have a few but they are being targeted for bundles.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/S...-Workstation/ci/4/phd/4229247209/N/4294255798

but even the less expensive of those two has a delay. Looks like they are just getting a slow trickle from Apple. (better than no trickle at all ).

P.S. tekserve still has both quads and hex standard configs.

P.P.S. A pretty high percentage of Microcenter stores have 1 , maybe 2 , 6 cores in stock. With just 1 probably worth calling ahead to see if that just disappeared before go. (or it was sold inventory update is slow... hoping folks come in to look at the demo unit. :) )

8. rasputin666 macrumors member

rasputin666

my 6-core showed up by 9:30am from ordering at midnight on the 29th. still setting u but initially i'll say first, wow is it quiet, it is about a foot away on my desk and i can't hear anything. 2nd-haven't done much but what i have done, it's obviously a step up from my 3,1.

9. snouter macrumors 6502a

Picked up a base 6 core at Microcenter.

B&H had them, then they didn't, then they did, now they don't.

Worth keeping an eye on B&H though for the no sales tax and good price on AppleCare. I buy all my camera/video stuff from them, they are solid.

10. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

There's a quad and hex core at our Microcenter.

11. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'll second that, my local microcenter has them as well.

12. Max Girth macrumors newbie

In Los Angeles:

Melrose Mac has the most, including BTO options

New Media Hollywood has stock, including BTO options

Mac Enthusiasts had the odd 6-core, D700 variant I was looking for on the shelf, ready to go. No long wait for me!

13. mikepj macrumors regular

Adorama has a lot of the BTO configurations in stock, many of them for $100 off Apple's prices (+ free shipping and no tax outside NY state). You have to sign up as a "VIP", but it's free.