nMP from US to UK - power cable

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joe8232, Sep 2, 2015.

  1. joe8232 macrumors regular

    Jun 21, 2005
    Hi all,

    I'm fairly certain it is okay but just wanted to check. I'm moving my 2013 mac pro (cylinder) from the US to the UK and just wanted to check whether I could just use a kettle power cord with a UK plug to power the machine? I'm slightly worried about voltage / current etc...
  2. ActionableMango macrumors G3


    Sep 21, 2010
    The voltage is fine. I have no idea what a kettle power cord looks like, but I'm guessing it's only two prong and will not work. The standard computer cord should work. Just look at the power socket at the bottom and hopefully you'll know what I mean.

  3. Kaspin macrumors member


    Jan 15, 2015
    What the English refer to as "Kettle Lead" is the standard IEC C13 (same as used in the US) plug to BS1363 (UK standard plug). So yes, that is all that is needed.
  4. ActionableMango macrumors G3


    Sep 21, 2010
    Ah I see. I assumed it was a 2-wire lead for a kettle to make tea. Because UK. :D
  5. nigelbb macrumors 65816

    Dec 22, 2012
    Apart from low current shaver sockets all UK sockets (& of course the plugs that go in them) are earthed & thus use 3 wires..

Share This Page