nMP multiseat possibilities

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Maxedonia, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Maxedonia macrumors newbie

I'm planning to buy two new Mac Mini's when Apple finally releases it, but then I started wondering if it is possible somehow to use a single nMP with two people simultaneously. I think this is called a multiseat environment and I was wondering if there are any solutions for the nMP (or OSX in general).

2. Sikh macrumors 6502

Sikh

Its always been possible . just share screen the mac from another mac or vnc from windows.

3. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

This is not what he is talking about.

He wants to use two separate keyboards/mice/monitor setups to drive two logged in users independently of themselves. AFAIK, there is no software to do this for Mac OS X.

-SC

4. CH12671 macrumors 6502

Like to have two thin clients running off the Mac? Don't think it's possible

5. deconstruct60 macrumors 604

Two GUIs with no "thin" OS X client? Not really.

Hook up a terminal so one user running command line ... yes. An Xterm .. yes. A VNC based thin client... yes.

For a network of just two a thin client set up doesn't really make much sense unless already have the thin client hardware in hand. If have to buy 1-2 thin clients, then probably not more effective than just buying two Minis.

----------

Apple's remote display tech is primarily just VNC with some tweaks for the proprietary stuff. It is possible, not sure the folks on the thin client would like it alot for some more heavyweight computing usages.

If use the second Mac Pro port as gateway onto a VNC traffic network, then would minimize other more general LAN and Internet traffic interferene with the remote desktop. Wired 1GbE remote desktop isn't particularly slow or choppy over a wide set of workloads.

6. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

7. wheelhot macrumors 68020

I thought OSX Server supposed to have this feature?

8. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

What hardware do you need at each client station to share the new Mini Pro?

Oops.

9. unrealmy macrumors newbie

If Possible !!!

Certainly, IF POSSIBLE. But so far only for Microsoft Operating Systems ie Windows.

Here the direction of the program:

http://www.thinsoft.com.mx/betwinvs.html

Note: They could do like me and fill orders for messages to make a version of this program to other operating systems such as Linux and Macintosh !

10. Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

This Mexican products costs $ 1'250 besides using Windows.
    For that money wouldn't you get already a MacMini?
    :confused: