nMP + Parallels + Win 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CH12671, Dec 29, 2013.

1. CH12671 macrumors 6502

So bootcamp only supports windows 8. Would there be any reason that one couldn't install windows 7 via parallels? I don't use windows for gaming, but rather for a few pieces of software that only run on the windows platform. Therefore, I like parallels as it leaves me access to my full osx at the same time. In fact, there are several instances where I will (in the course of doing my work) have parallels running widows 7, windows XP (I have one program that only has support for windows XP) plus OSx. I really don't want to mess with widows 8 if possible. Please, this is an honest question, and I have no desire to start a "you should try windows 8 war." :cool:
    Thanks...

2. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

Yes, win 7 in Parallels will work just fine. Will do the same with my win7 and VMware.

3. Switchfoot macrumors member

I may be wrong, but I believe Windows 7 64-bit is still supported by bootcamp. Again, haven't done it in a while, so things may have changed.

4. ytoyoda macrumors member

5. CH12671 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. sboerup macrumors 6502

Wow seriously no Win 7 support? This is an absolute fail...:D

I really didn't want to buy Win8 ever. But if I want to play games on windows now I have to. This sucks.