nMP stuttering issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by theBigD23, Jan 15, 2014.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I got my nMP a couple of days ago and using Mission Control between pages and also scrolling in Chrome/Safari seems to stutter. Anyone else experience this?

I should point out that the MC stuttering is more prevalent when using dual monitors. I was using 1 monitor while moving my info.

2. carrerascott macrumors regular

Dual monitors here and no issues. 6 core with 64GB RAM. What core and RAM are you running?

3. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Sounds similar to this?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23491319#23491319

I had an arse of a time earlier in the week with this issue after I wiped and reinstalled ML on a Mac Mini, but that was OS wide and ended up looking like a wireless mouse with batteries on their way out. Working for 5 mins, stuttering for 5 mins type of thing.

4. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6-core with 32 gigs of RAM.

----------

My battery is going down on the Magic Mouse. I'll change the batteries and see how it goes.

5. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is pretty frustrating. I'm noticing graphic corruption while scrolling in Chrome, especially scrolling up and having the window bounce down.

The screen will turn into a screen door effect, but with really large pixels. I tried to screenshot it and it didn't work. So frustrating. I'm in the "paranoid" stage of if this is a defect, when my previous MP works perfectly. Even more so with another user letting me know that they don't have any issues.

6. CH12671 macrumors 6502

7. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm testing on the same monitor I used my previous Mac Pro with. I plugged the older Mac Pro and it doesn't have the issue at all, stuttering or corruption. :( How frustrating. I transferred all of my data to get started. I don't want to spend all of this money and have issues with a computer, after my amazing experience with my previous MP.

8. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

how are you hooking up the display to the nmp? i assume it's not a thunderbolt display? are you using adapters etc?

9. Rad macrumors regular

No issues

Thee monitors - two 30" and one 27" - without any display problems on my 6 core 64 GB RAM 1 TB internal drive D700s, even with Compressor running for hours using up almost all the cores.

10. TjeuV macrumors 6502

Having the same issues, my guess it's Mavericks. I really hope they bring out an update soon.

11. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

12. TjeuV macrumors 6502

13. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

14. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was getting those other graphical glitches and decided to return the device. I've had a perfect experience with my current Mac Pro and don't want to start off this new Mac Pro with such issues.

15. Anim macrumors 6502a

Anim

If you tried to screenshot it, and that didn't show any issue when you looked at the pic, doesn't that suggest it is a fault with the monitor/cable rather than anything the mac pro is outputting via video.

16. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think it was because it wouldn't show on the screenshot, it was because I was too slow. I had the scroll the mouse and try to take the screenshot when the corruption occurred, so I would miss it.

17. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I get the same problem in my new macbook pro sometimes.

Even my old Mac Pro is hanging in 10.9 in places it never did in 10.8.5.