nMP takes ages to shutdown

razer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
London
So shutting down my new nMP for either a reboot or just good old fashioned shutdown takes forever (up to 10 minutes). Anyone else having this issue?

Where should i be looking to see why its so slow?

Josethadeu

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2013
My MacPro takes a long time to shut down when an application, such as Preview, Pages, KeyNote, Numbers, Mail, are open and hidden. When I remove these applications, the time to shutdown is similar the time to turn on, approximately 12 seconds. But, until now, it never took 10 minutes to do it.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Sounds like a driver or hardware problem somewhere. This can happen with things that are plugged into it.

razer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
London
Sounds like a driver or hardware problem somewhere. This can happen with things that are plugged into it.
Only had my monitor plugged in at the time and a network cable.

Have got a auto login item to my NAS folders, could it be that? (have the same on my iMac and that shutsdown fine)

razer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
London

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
I will be repairing the permissions to both my 10.9 macs in recovery hd shortly. Do it every OSX point update and probably 2/3 times a year.

Just did the MBP - must have been 30/40 needing fixing!

Last edited:

razer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
London
I had a similar amount and it only arrived on Monday! ive just installed a few programs and thats about it