nMP with a 27" Apple Thunderbolt display? Firmware 22.2 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by alite, Jun 2, 2014.

1. alite macrumors newbie

Hi There

Is anyone running the nMP with a 27" Apple Thunderbolt display - With firmware 22.2 ?

If so - Do you encounter "Sleep Wake Failure" ?

I'm on my third Mac Pro Late 2013, and i finally narrowed the error down - Whenever this display is connected, the machine will reboot itself while in sleep mode.

This doesn't happen when my newest Thunderbolt display, with 26.2 is connected.

2. hkoster1 macrumors regular

I'm using a Thunderbolt Display 22,2 with my QC/D300 nMP. I had some problems with the display getting stuck in a mode where no input was possible (although the mouse cursor could be moved). These problems disappeared when I changed Energy Saver settings to: (1) Never let the display go to sleep by itself; and (2) Enable the Power Nap feature. I usually put the nMP to sleep at night, waking it up the next day without problems.

You may want to fiddle a bit with the Energy Saver settings to see if that makes a difference for you as well.

3. alite thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying.

But kinda just wan't it to work out of the box.

There's no problem, when it's only connected to a Thunderbolt display with firmware 26.2.

Anyone else having issues?

4. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I have the same, and I have occasional troubles getting out of sleep and few reboots. I notice that my computer reboots more frequently when I'm streaming Airvideo via airplay to my Apple TV.

Something is definitely fishy with the restarts but mine happens very few times I haven't bothered bring it in. I'll probably just submit a report to apple.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

*facepalm* So you are having issues, someone gives you something to try. Why not try it? If it fixes the problem, then report it to Apple and wait until they release a fix.... At that point you can put the settings back to their original "out of the box" settings. Clearly it isn't working AS IS, and no one but Apple can "fix" a firmware issue right?