Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smithy1185, Sep 25, 2014.
Just wanted to let folks know in case it hasn't been noticed yet.
15% off... nice! Good time to buy.
Hmm. That many added at once suggests maybe Apple was holding off before listing. Lot of interesting SKU options though.
man the 8 core i want is there for 6199 but i think i am going to hold out and see after the apple monitors get released in case they require updated ports
There's some good deals, but considering we might be getting new nMPs in just a couple months, and the fact that these are a first generation product, I would certainly suggest waiting, at least a little longer.
Just saw that myself. Man they have a lot of them!
October 21st: x99 16 core. ddr4, usb 3.1, thunderbolt 3.0. display port 1.3 = in my dreams.
No one has really complained about them though, right? So while I personally am not a fan of the redesign, if it fits your needs, I'm not sure why you wait. The second generation is probably 6 months away at least and then you probably won't find it in the refurb store for another 6 months or more. Plus at the lower end the nMP v2 isn't really going to be much better than the current version. The performance/value of the nMP probably won't change much with the new version unless you get the 8 core (which might be a little cheaper or a little faster than the current 8-core) or the top end which might move to 14 cores or more.
So, if you want the 4-core or 6-core, I'd say jump on it now.
Someone already got the one I wanted: 6c / D300 / 512GB is already gone.
How much was it on there for?
i think it was 3249
Damn, that's a sweet price
It was 3219.
Just pulled the trigger on a 6 core, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash Storage, dual D500 GPU model. $700+ in savings is a great deal. Now I just need to get a nice display to put with it .
I was tempted, as I've been waiting for the refresh, but doing the math, it was only $300 cheaper to get the refurb over a new one from the Apple Store with Educational discount. I'm going to hold out for a few months and see when we start hearing about the new model.
Well, it's been less then 12 hours since I ordered and my Mac Pro just shipped! Thumbs up Apple.
i really want to order one .. but not sure if the new apple displays will be compatible
now why would apple do that?
At worst they'd have a dual-link TB2 connectivity option. You're safe to buy mate, these fabled displays will work.
I would've ordered one right away... If we had a refurbished store in Denmark............