No 1440x900 under Windows 7 Professional (Bootcamp)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Junkyman, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Junkyman macrumors regular

Hi,

as the title suggests: I'm unable to set a resolution of 1440x900 under Windows 7 in Bootcamp for my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina (both in gaming or under normal desktop).

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Best

2. ScholarsInk macrumors regular

You can add it manually using the nVidia software.

3. Junkyman thread starter macrumors regular

Could you be so kind to tell me where and how exactly? :)

4. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Simply enter the NVidia Control Panel (there should be an icon in the task bar) and you'll see a list of options on the left side. Select "Change Resolution" and then there should be a button at the bottom allowing you to create a custom resolution. You can then manually enter 1440 x 900 in the drop-down boxes shown at the top. Then for best results, close the NVidia Control Panel, right-click on the Desktop and select "Personalize", and then click "Display". Set the Windows resolution to the newly-created 1440 x 900 and make sure the DPI setting is 100% (it may be higher by default after installing the Boot Camp drivers). You'll need to log out for the new settings to take effect.

5. Junkyman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Really appreciate it! :)

6. ScholarsInk macrumors regular

Also, you don't have to set your desktop resolution to 1440x900 to enable it in games. Once it's been added in the nVidia software, it will be available in games, so you can still run the desktop at scaled 2880x1800 and games at different resolutions.