No 1st Gen iPod Touch for Student Discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ysulyan, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Ysulyan macrumors member

I decided to buy a Mac and get a free iPod Touch (1st gen) before the student promo ends on 15th, but I couldn't find any 1st gen iPod Touch from apple online store anymore? They simply disappeared! WTH can I get the free iPod Touch with the promo??

any one used the promo and got a ipod touch after 9/9?

Thanks!

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I had a feeling they would run out. They warned about this. Glad I got mine. Once they run out they can tell you to pick the other ipod(not the touch, the other one they are giving away) for free. It isn't the touch though. I told my friends to buy it and not wait because this could happen.

3. Ysulyan thread starter macrumors member

even the other ipod - older ipod nano is not there anymore..would they give away the newer models by any chance??:rolleyes:

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Nope. I read the fine details and basically it said the deal was until the 15th or while supplies lasted.

5. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

6. Ysulyan thread starter macrumors member

just called them and they put the older itouch in my cart so im happy to buy any mac now...:D:D

7. hsds04a macrumors newbie

The old Touches and Nanos are still available for the BTS deal. Just configure an eligible Mac at the online education store, click "Add to cart", and you'll be directed to a page where you can add the iPod to your order.

8. Ysulyan thread starter macrumors member

cool..that works too :p:p

9. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

I was in the same boat... I was waiting for the NEW touch. Ended up getting a "old" 16gb for free. Works for me I guess! :cool: