No 2gb plan showing up in Mywireless app nor online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derek87, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

hey...i know i could call 611 about this, but...

- out of curiosity, i wanted to see if it was a simple "click away" to upgrade from my 200mb data plan to the 2gb should i want to by either the iphone AT&T app, or via the web OLAM. but low and behold, i don't see anything under "Features" that would allow me to switch plans. i can upgrade my texting plan and other things, but not my data.

anyone else seen this?

i could call, i as i note above, but i'm not ready nor need to upgrade to 2gb, so this is more an "academic exercise" right now in knowing what i need to do should i go over or close to the 200mb limit down the road...

2. mrathee macrumors 6502

You should be able to from the OLAM - try opening the features specific to your phone - not just the main features page for the account.

I have a family plan with my line +1 - main page shows text messages etc etc

clicking on my number allows me to edit features specific to my line (which includes data)

3. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

I had the same issue. It took several calls to a couple of different departments, starting with "611", and about 3 weeks, for AT&T to get it fixed. But they finally got it. Customer Service finally had to submit an actual trouble ticket to their Systems people. I ended up getting a text message and an email with the ticket # in them, and that's when I knew I was making progress. Before that, it was just a huge phone runaround.

4. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm...i think i'm still missing something. i only have one phone on my account and whatever i try, i only get a singular choice for my data plan (which is the 200 mb one i currently have...

any more detailed instructions?

ugh...

were you actually desiring to switch, or to just get the option listed for future use?

Attached Files:

5. mrathee macrumors 6502

I can't take a screenshot of my OLAM since I'm at work but mine is different:

I have Unlim (marked), 2gb and 200 mb - both selectable. Then texts, etc etc

Maybe you should try calling 611 - could be an issue like the post above yours.

6. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

yup...just did. explained to the rep that others have seen this and could he submit a help ticket...took about 20 min on hold, but let's see if the help ticket goes through and solves the problem.

interestingly, he asked when i needed this done by so i could switch, but i honestly told him, i wanted this done pre-emptively because i wanted to be able to rapidly switch during upcoming business travel when i might exceed my 200mb limit.

hopefully, this will work out and not take 3 weeks and several phone calls as it did for ratbatblue.