Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
I have a 32GB iPad reserved in at the Austin Domain Apple Store, and they have not arrived at the Store. The store is issuing vouchers and giving people $100 iTunes gift cards. They might arrive later today. If not you have till end of day Monday to pickup the device. :mad:

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Why in the world are you complaining? Free $100 gift card!! I can't even get an iPad for another 3 weeks in Canada, be happy!

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Why in the world are you complaining? Free $100 gift card!! I can't even get an iPad for another 3 weeks in Canada, be happy!

Did you wait in line for 2 hours before the store opened?

Why wait until I got inside. Tell me when they check me in at 7am and send me home.....

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Sorry to hear that, but the iTunes card was a really nice gesture. Did you happen to notice how their Apple Case stock was? I live about 45min away so I choose delivery, but may try to swing by to pick up a case.

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
I just got my 32gb iPad at the domain about an hour ago. They had like 60 or 70 behind the counter in the back. I was in and out 5 minutes because I had a reservation.

holden15

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
Austin, TX
After waiting in line for two hours (got in line at about 8:30) for my reserved iPad they said they didn't have anymore 16GB iPads either, but they had a shipment coming in an hour and a half later.

They wouldn't stop apologizing and gave me a $100 iTunes Gift Card as well!

Apple is the nicest company ever.

This was at the Domain Apple Store as well, and yes, I typed this on my iPad.

wrxdrunkie

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Ahhhhh, this explains why the line was not moving at all at 10:30. But then right around 11:30 things picked up, walked outta the domain with 64gb at like 12:30.

Man they really pushed it to the limit relying on a shipment today, ha oh well we got em :) anyone get the apple case? What do you think?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I called them real quick earlier (realizing they were busy), and was told they got a lot of cases in. I can't make it down there until Monday and hopefully they'll still have some left.

holden15

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
Austin, TX
I didn't get the case today because I'm not sure if I'll need it yet. If I find myself bringing my iPad with me often, I'll probably get one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.