No 3G after Update to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by engelke2010, Jan 5, 2012.

1. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I updated my iOS from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 last night. I noticed this morning (too late to fix now) that I cannot see anything in Settings/General to enable 3G. I don't have access to WiFi at work. I tried Network reset and nothing. Is there anything else I can do bar waiting until late this afternoon and restore to get my 3G back? I would rather not be stuck on Edge while at work. 3G at work is slow enough.

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

• Is the phone picking up your carrier OK?
    • When you go into Settings, General, Network, what options do you have?
    • Silly question, but have you tried shutting the phone down completely and then restarting?
    RTP.

3. engelke2010 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 is working fine. On my iPad 2, under Settings/General/Network, it shows just VPN and WiFi. On Cellular Data, it shows Cellular Data, but not Enable 3G

4. engelke2010 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I ended up restoring my iPad 2 and it looks like 3G is back (I'm still syncing everything back). However, I have another question which may be a dumb one. With iOS 5 or 5.0.1, was Cellular Data and Enable 3G combined on iPad2? I don't see that with my iPhone 4, but see it on my iPad.