No 3G data after MyWi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjk454ss, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, I had tried MyWi before and couldn't get it to connect with my MacBook. I didn't really need it and stopped trying. Now I installed it to use with my iPad and it worked great. Then after I tried to use my iPhone today, it would not get any data connected to 3G or Edge. Phone, text, and Push was working, no email or Internet. I reset Network settings, that didn't help. I uninstalled MyWi, and my iPhone works fine. Am I just doing something wrong?

2. rwm514 macrumors member

I have almost the same problem, worked great yesterday then I synced it with a different computer and its been downhill all day. How did you uninstall it?

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I uninstalled through Cydia. I would really like to keep MyWi though, it worked great yesterday with my iPad, but I still need data on my phone also.

4. rwm514 macrumors member

I was thinking of uninstall then reinstall

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Yeah, I'll give that a shot to, but I was hoping to maybe get some ideas of what it might be first. Let me know if you get it working.

6. dacapo macrumors 6502

Did you try doing a hard reboot? My mywi sometimes acts up if I have my wifi settings disabled (in settings) and I enable mywi tethering.

7. rwm514 macrumors member

hmm, that might have been my problem. I reinstalled it and its working fine again.

8. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I did try a hard reboot, didn't work. Funny thing is, I had no data today again, but I didn't reinstall mywi, so it must be something else. Just ni idea what. Today a network reset fixed it though.