No 3G data after MyWi

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
OK, I had tried MyWi before and couldn't get it to connect with my MacBook. I didn't really need it and stopped trying. Now I installed it to use with my iPad and it worked great. Then after I tried to use my iPhone today, it would not get any data connected to 3G or Edge. Phone, text, and Push was working, no email or Internet. I reset Network settings, that didn't help. I uninstalled MyWi, and my iPhone works fine. Am I just doing something wrong?

rwm514

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
I have almost the same problem, worked great yesterday then I synced it with a different computer and its been downhill all day. How did you uninstall it?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have almost the same problem, worked great yesterday then I synced it with a different computer and its been downhill all day. How did you uninstall it?
I uninstalled through Cydia. I would really like to keep MyWi though, it worked great yesterday with my iPad, but I still need data on my phone also.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah, I'll give that a shot to, but I was hoping to maybe get some ideas of what it might be first. Let me know if you get it working.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, I'll give that a shot to, but I was hoping to maybe get some ideas of what it might be first. Let me know if you get it working.
Did you try doing a hard reboot? My mywi sometimes acts up if I have my wifi settings disabled (in settings) and I enable mywi tethering.

rwm514

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Did you try doing a hard reboot? My mywi sometimes acts up if I have my wifi settings disabled (in settings) and I enable mywi tethering.
hmm, that might have been my problem. I reinstalled it and its working fine again.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I did try a hard reboot, didn't work. Funny thing is, I had no data today again, but I didn't reinstall mywi, so it must be something else. Just ni idea what. Today a network reset fixed it though.